Whether you’re new to auctions or an experienced bidder, you’ll find that Rapid-Sell.ca offers many benefits:
- Detailed photographs and descriptions – our online auction catalogues contain multiple professional quality photographs and detailed descriptions for every lot, boosting buyer confidence. Our goal is to represent items honestly and accurately.
- Bid from anywhere – use your mobile phone, personal computer, tablet or laptop to place bids. Our auction software is secure and easy-to-use. Get set up with a bidder account in a matter of seconds (or minutes, depending on your typing speed!)
- Bid at your convenience – most of our online auctions are open for bidding from Sunday to Thursday evenings. There’s no need to stand in the rain or wait five hours for the auctioneer to get to your lot. You control when you place a bid.
- View the items firsthand – for every online auction, we offer a preview where bidders can view the lots prior to the auction closing date. Preview and pick up times are posted in the catalogue section of the website.
- Simple payment methods – purchases, unless specified otherwise, are processed automatically on your credit card the morning following the auction close. No need to scramble for cash. Pick ups are stress-free.
- Commitment to professionalism – our staff are committed to providing excellent customer service. Whether you’re calling with an inquiry or stopping by a preview, we’re happy to assist.
Interested in bidding with us? Follow these easy steps to get started:
To create an account:
- Click on ‘GO NOW’ button to the right of the screen
- Click on ‘Login / New Bidder’ at the top of the page. A pop up screen will appear. Enter your email address and a password, then click on ‘New Bidder? Click Here’
- At the next screen, input your email address again in each box, then click ‘Check Email’. Complete the information requested on the following screen to complete your registration.
- Congratulations! You now have created your bidder account and can register to bid in one of our auctions. Be sure to remember which email address you used to sign up, as well as your user name and password *Please note: user name and password are case sensitive
Once you have an account, you do not need to sign up for an account again. Use your user name and password to register for and participate in future auctions.
To register for an auction:
- Click on ‘GO NOW’ button to the right of the screen.
- Scroll down to find which auction you would like to register for, then select ‘Register to Bid’
- Enter your email address and password. Complete the information on the following screen and click ‘Submit Registration’. You are now ready to place bids!
Important Information for Bidders ….
- Our auctions are ‘soft close’ which means that all bids made on an item during the last minute, will force an item to stay open for an additional 3 minutes. This continues until all bidding has ceased. A soft close prevents sniping (the act of sneaking in the last bid before a lot closes).
- Most of our auction lots close in 10 second intervals. In other words, if an auction has 100 lots and is scheduled to close at 9:00 p.m., the first lot will close at 9:00 pm (soft close in effect) while the 100th lot will close at approx. 9:16 p.m. (soft close in effect).
- The auction software allows for maximum bids, meaning you only pay one bid more than the next highest bid, up to your maximum bid. The software system will play out the bids as you would at a live auction and only uses the funds required to beat out the under-bidder at the prescribed bid increment. For example, if the current winning bid is $5.00, you can enter a bid of $20.00 and the system will show you as winning at $7.50, the next bidding increment. If someone else bids $10.00, the system will show you as winning at $12.50. This process continues until your maximum bid is reached (if there are counter bids to that amount).
- Auction details, including preview and pick up times & location are posted in each auction under the tab titled ‘Auction Details’. Please be sure to review this information prior to bidding. All purchases must be picked up at the scheduled time or they will be considered abandoned. Please note: We do not ship and storage fees will apply to those who don’t pick up.
- Further information regarding bid increments, payments, terms and conditions can be found within each auction under ‘Auction Details’.
- Gore Road Downsizing Auction closes tonight...do you have your bids in yet? These great items are looking for a ne… https://t.co/m1qIS1NKNE7 days ago
- It's a new week which means a new auction and what a great one it is! Guitars and accessories and sound equipment,… https://t.co/m5gWNAIyLR10 days ago
- Woohoo! It's Thursday and we are excited, aren't you? These two auctions come to a close tonight. Have you place… https://t.co/3abrmqzYNk14 days ago
- Hey, hey, my, my....what two great auctions we have for you. Up for bids this week we have a relocating sale as we… https://t.co/ny3qWLeW4R17 days ago
- It's no joke...it's Thursday which means these two great downsizing sales come to a close tonight. Do you know whe… https://t.co/6doJXGhvcA21 days ago
- Looking for some great items for your home? Look no further! We have two downsizing sales that you definitely nee… https://t.co/IQ2SLAwKEg24 days ago
- Oh boy, oh boy....it`s going to be a fun and exciting night! It`s Thursday which means this multi consignor auctio… https://t.co/0b5YumFkPw28 days ago
- Another month, another multi consignor sale and we couldn't be more excited. Lots of great items in this auction.… https://t.co/m2PBZfkxrC31 days ago
- The excitement is building...can you feel it? It's Thursday which means these 2 fantastic moving sales come to a c… https://t.co/Yv5DODfniF42 days ago
- Hello Rapid-sell buyers! We have 2 great moving sales open for bidding this week. Such fantastic items in both ca… https://t.co/SC47ANJmmK45 days ago
Check out the SumoMe plugin
lots sold by Rapid-Sell.ca