Do I need a credit card to bid?
Yes, a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required in order to bid. Please note: we do not accept combined credit/debit cards at this time.
What is the $1 pre-authorization?
It’s a USA funds pre-authorization to validate the user and the credit card (nothing is charged on your credit card). Purchases are processed in Canadian funds the morning following an auction close.
Is there a buyer’s premium?
A 10% buyer’s premium applies to all of our auctions with the exception of real estate. The buyer’s premium is applied to the high bid amount. For example, if the high bid on a lot is $25, a buyer’s premium of $2.50 will be added,making the selling price $27.50*.
*this amount is subject to HST
How do I know if I was the high bidder?
Check your bidder history –if it says “won” that means you are the high bidder on that item and your credit card will be processed the morning following the auction close. Once processed, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com with a copy of your paid invoice.
When is the pick up?
Pick up times and locations are posted in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details – Auction Information. In addition, this information is printed on your paid invoice. Please bring a copy of your paid invoice to the auction pick up.
What happens if I can’t make the pick up?
If you are unable to make the pick up, you can send someone else to pick up your lot(s) for you. In this situation, please forward your relative/friend a copy of your paid invoice.
*please note: items not picked up during the scheduled time will be considered abandoned and a disposal fee may apply.
Do you ship?
Sorry, we are not set up for shipping. If you would like to make arrangements for a delivery service to pick up your item, that is an option available to you.
What are the bidding increments?
Bidding increments are posted in the in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details –Bid Increments. All auction bids, with the exception of real estate, start at $2.50.
What is a soft close?
A soft close means that all bids made in the last minute of the auction will force an item to stay open for an additional 3 minutes. This continues until all bidding has ceased. A soft close prevents ‘sniping’ (the act of sneaking in the last bid before a lot closes).
What is a maximum bid?
When a maximum bid is entered, the software system will play out the bids as you would at a live auction and only uses the funds required to beat out the under-bidder at the prescribed bid increment. You only pay one bid more than the next highest bid, up to your maximum bid. For example, if the current winning bid is $5.00, you can enter a bid of $20.00 and the system will show you as winning at $7.50, the next bidding increment. If someone else bids $10.00, the system will show you as winning at $12.50. This process continues until your maximum bid is reached (if there are counter bids to that amount).
I forgot my account information, how can I log in?
If you can’t remember your user name and/or password, go to the Login / New Bidder area, select the ‘Forgot your Password’ link, and enter your email address. *be sure to enter the email address that you registered with.
Where is your office location?
Our head office is located at 5665 Watson Rd. N, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2 (northwest of the City of Guelph, near Highway 6 and Guelph/Nichol Townline). Please see our Contact page to view a map of our office location. Please note: GPS units do not recognize our location accurately so we encourage people to use Google Maps or another such program to assist in planning a route.
- The Estate of Englebert Dietl auction closes tonight at 8:00pm. Get those fingers clicking and place those bids!… https://t.co/X6v8ZR1Mct10 days ago
- Two fantastic auctions running this week...have you taken a look yet? A lawn mower, tools and equipment, furniture… https://t.co/PzvqPSFI9f13 days ago
- M.T.T. Repair Services Auction closes tonight! Get those fingers clicking and get your bid in before it's too lat… https://t.co/hqXfnz2fVG17 days ago
- What a great auction we have for you this week! M.T.T. Repair Services Retirement Auction has over 1000 lots to bi… https://t.co/TUMjgVUpXa19 days ago
- Three auctions closing tonight! Get those bids in before it's too late! Great items in all 3 catalogues...get cli… https://t.co/xuoiqD2HvB38 days ago
- We have 3 great auctions running this week....have you checked them out yet? Leather and unique furniture, collect… https://t.co/ywDYzxLemu40 days ago
- The Moving Sale for Frank & Pat Piper, the Living Estate of Brian Dowling and the Hesselink Moving Auction all clos… https://t.co/z4MQuE7IQH45 days ago
- Three great auction running this week...have you checked them out yet? A 1965 Austin Healey Sprite, furniture, man… https://t.co/KoqjQ2ZZ4v47 days ago
- Both the Finlay Metal & Haskell Moving Online Auctions close tonight! Don't wait until it's too late, get your bid… https://t.co/JUy8nY8FNr52 days ago
- Have you checked out the two auctions this week yet? There's metal/fabrication tools, shop storage, teak furniture… https://t.co/rvPsNt69Vf53 days ago
Check out the SumoMe plugin
lots sold by Rapid-Sell.ca