Do I need a credit card to bid?
Yes, a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required in order to bid. Please note: we do not accept combined credit/debit cards at this time.
What is the $1 pre-authorization?
It’s a USA funds pre-authorization to validate the user and the credit card (nothing is charged on your credit card). Purchases are processed in Canadian funds the morning following an auction close.
Is there a buyer’s premium?
A 10% buyer’s premium applies to all of our auctions with the exception of real estate. The buyer’s premium is applied to the high bid amount. For example, if the high bid on a lot is $25, a buyer’s premium of $2.50 will be added,making the selling price $27.50*.
*this amount is subject to HST
How do I know if I was the high bidder?
Check your bidder history –if it says “won” that means you are the high bidder on that item and your credit card will be processed the morning following the auction close. Once processed, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your paid invoice.
When is the pick up?
Pick up times and locations are posted in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details – Auction Information. In addition, this information is printed on your paid invoice. Please bring a copy of your paid invoice to the auction pick up.
What happens if I can’t make the pick up?
If you are unable to make the pick up, you can send someone else to pick up your lot(s) for you. In this situation, please forward your relative/friend a copy of your paid invoice.
*please note: items not picked up during the scheduled time will be considered abandoned and a disposal fee may apply.
Do you ship?
Sorry, we are not set up for shipping. If you would like to make arrangements for a delivery service to pick up your item, that is an option available to you.
What are the bidding increments?
Bidding increments are posted in the in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details –Bid Increments. All auction bids, with the exception of real estate, start at $2.50.
What is a soft close?
A soft close means that all bids made in the last minute of the auction will force an item to stay open for an additional 3 minutes. This continues until all bidding has ceased. A soft close prevents ‘sniping’ (the act of sneaking in the last bid before a lot closes).
What is a maximum bid?
When a maximum bid is entered, the software system will play out the bids as you would at a live auction and only uses the funds required to beat out the under-bidder at the prescribed bid increment. You only pay one bid more than the next highest bid, up to your maximum bid. For example, if the current winning bid is $5.00, you can enter a bid of $20.00 and the system will show you as winning at $7.50, the next bidding increment. If someone else bids $10.00, the system will show you as winning at $12.50. This process continues until your maximum bid is reached (if there are counter bids to that amount).
I forgot my account information, how can I log in?
If you can’t remember your user name and/or password, go to the Login / New Bidder area, select the ‘Forgot your Password’ link, and enter your email address. *be sure to enter the email address that you registered with.
Where is your office location?
Our head office is located at 5665 Watson Rd. N, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2 (northwest of the City of Guelph, near Highway 6 and Guelph/Nichol Townline). Please see our Contact page to view a map of our office location. Please note: GPS units do not recognize our location accurately so we encourage people to use Google Maps or another such program to assist in planning a route.
- Gore Road Downsizing Auction closes tonight...do you have your bids in yet? These great items are looking for a ne… https://t.co/m1qIS1NKNE7 days ago
- It's a new week which means a new auction and what a great one it is! Guitars and accessories and sound equipment,… https://t.co/m5gWNAIyLR10 days ago
- Woohoo! It's Thursday and we are excited, aren't you? These two auctions come to a close tonight. Have you place… https://t.co/3abrmqzYNk14 days ago
- Hey, hey, my, my....what two great auctions we have for you. Up for bids this week we have a relocating sale as we… https://t.co/ny3qWLeW4R17 days ago
- It's no joke...it's Thursday which means these two great downsizing sales come to a close tonight. Do you know whe… https://t.co/6doJXGhvcA21 days ago
- Looking for some great items for your home? Look no further! We have two downsizing sales that you definitely nee… https://t.co/IQ2SLAwKEg24 days ago
- Oh boy, oh boy....it`s going to be a fun and exciting night! It`s Thursday which means this multi consignor auctio… https://t.co/0b5YumFkPw28 days ago
- Another month, another multi consignor sale and we couldn't be more excited. Lots of great items in this auction.… https://t.co/m2PBZfkxrC31 days ago
- The excitement is building...can you feel it? It's Thursday which means these 2 fantastic moving sales come to a c… https://t.co/Yv5DODfniF42 days ago
- Hello Rapid-sell buyers! We have 2 great moving sales open for bidding this week. Such fantastic items in both ca… https://t.co/SC47ANJmmK45 days ago
Check out the SumoMe plugin
lots sold by Rapid-Sell.ca