Do I need a credit card to bid?
Yes, a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required in order to bid. Please note: we do not accept combined credit/debit cards at this time.
What is the $1 pre-authorization?
It’s a USA funds pre-authorization to validate the user and the credit card (nothing is charged on your credit card). Purchases are processed in Canadian funds the morning following an auction close.
Is there a buyer’s premium?
A 10% buyer’s premium applies to all of our auctions with the exception of real estate. The buyer’s premium is applied to the high bid amount. For example, if the high bid on a lot is $25, a buyer’s premium of $2.50 will be added,making the selling price $27.50*.
*this amount is subject to HST
How do I know if I was the high bidder?
Check your bidder history –if it says “won” that means you are the high bidder on that item and your credit card will be processed the morning following the auction close. Once processed, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your paid invoice.
When is the pick up?
Pick up times and locations are posted in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details – Auction Information. In addition, this information is printed on your paid invoice. Please bring a copy of your paid invoice to the auction pick up.
What happens if I can’t make the pick up?
If you are unable to make the pick up, you can send someone else to pick up your lot(s) for you. In this situation, please forward your relative/friend a copy of your paid invoice.
*please note: items not picked up during the scheduled time will be considered abandoned and a disposal fee may apply.
Do you ship?
Sorry, we are not set up for shipping. If you would like to make arrangements for a delivery service to pick up your item, that is an option available to you.
What are the bidding increments?
Bidding increments are posted in the in the catalogue section of the website, under Auction Details –Bid Increments. All auction bids, with the exception of real estate, start at $2.50.
What is a soft close?
A soft close means that all bids made in the last minute of the auction will force an item to stay open for an additional 3 minutes. This continues until all bidding has ceased. A soft close prevents ‘sniping’ (the act of sneaking in the last bid before a lot closes).
What is a maximum bid?
When a maximum bid is entered, the software system will play out the bids as you would at a live auction and only uses the funds required to beat out the under-bidder at the prescribed bid increment. You only pay one bid more than the next highest bid, up to your maximum bid. For example, if the current winning bid is $5.00, you can enter a bid of $20.00 and the system will show you as winning at $7.50, the next bidding increment. If someone else bids $10.00, the system will show you as winning at $12.50. This process continues until your maximum bid is reached (if there are counter bids to that amount).
I forgot my account information, how can I log in?
If you can’t remember your user name and/or password, go to the Login / New Bidder area, select the ‘Forgot your Password’ link, and enter your email address. *be sure to enter the email address that you registered with.
Where is your office location?
Our head office is located at 5665 Watson Rd. N, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2 (northwest of the City of Guelph, near Highway 6 and Guelph/Nichol Townline). Please see our Contact page to view a map of our office location. Please note: GPS units do not recognize our location accurately so we encourage people to use Google Maps or another such program to assist in planning a route.
- Miller Moving Online Auction is now open! Cermanic kilns & molds, a PowerMax UTV and so much more.… https://t.co/022avj4SALyesterday
- Roy Downsizing & Young Moving online auction are open! Be sure to check out all the amazing lots!… https://t.co/RCyoeDI5yT7 days ago
- The Quadrini Family Moving & Renovators Dream Auction closes tonight! Don't miss out on your opportunity to win...… https://t.co/wuq3oN4Cm011 days ago
- The Quadrini Family Moving & Renovators Dream Auction is open! If you're looking to renovate you won't want to mis… https://t.co/0q3bGU4ur513 days ago
- Auction for George McAuley - Port Elgin closes tonight! Better get those bid in now before it's too late!… https://t.co/M07sj7pnNQ25 days ago
- In accordance with the provincial order for non-essential businesses we are suspending all operations. All auction… https://t.co/lM4I5fICT964 days ago
- The March Multi Consignor Auction is open for bidding! https://t.co/EhZExTQRrJ https://t.co/Mzr2kDfNc664 days ago
- The Retirement Online Auction for Peter & Vija Celmins closes tonight! Get those bids in now before it's too late!… https://t.co/2BDhX7dKkQ67 days ago
- The Retirement Online Auction for Peter & Vija Celmins - Rockwood opens on Sunday...and the preview is Sunday too!… https://t.co/jUb6xgykgd73 days ago
- Have you got your bids in for the Moving Auction for Margaret Ripley yet? Better hurry, it closes tonight at 9:00p… https://t.co/kXVwZ6xjQB89 days ago
Check out the SumoMe plugin
lots sold by Rapid-Sell.ca